|Course ID||Course Name||Time|
|S201||Chinese Acupuncture (3)||2nd year 1st semester|
This course starts with a discussion on safety and universal precautions in general and related to the various techniques used in Traditional Chinese Acupuncture that will be covered during this course:
- Bleeding techniques (i.e. the use of three-edge needles)
- Dermal needling (i.e. plum-blossom needling)
- The use of semi-permanent needles
- The use of electrical devices in Acupuncture practice
- Ear and scalp acupuncture
Appropriate therapeutic use, indications, precautions and contraindications of these techniques in clinical practice.
- Students will obtain a solid understanding of the safe and effective use of different modalities used in Traditional Chinese Acupuncture practice, and of their contraindications, indications and alternatives.
- Students will learn to research these modalities through literature review of different sources.
- Students will gain confidence in using the different techniques covered during this course.